Things to Do in San Juan
Explore Attractions Near El San Geronimo
From its perfectly-preserved Colonial architecture to a modern restaurant and nightlife scene, there is no shortage of things to in San Juan. In the ever-evolving neighborhoods surrounding El San Geronimo, find everything from well-polished shopping to street art and sandy ribbons of pristine beaches.
- Fortín de San Gerónimo. Experience our namesake, an 18th-century fort located just steps from the hotel that once guarded the city’s entrance.
- El Morro. El Morro is said to be the oldest Spanish fort in the New World. Try to make the climb up the ramparts to the sentries’ walks along the Santa Barbara Bastion and Austria Half-Bastion for the views of the sea, the bay, Old San Juan, modern San Juan, El Yunque and the island’s mountainous spine.
- Playa El Escambrón. Sand, surf, and a 17th-century Spanish fort make this uncrowded beach one of the best in Old San Juan.
- Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse. Upscale gaucho-style Brazilian steakhouse for all types of meat carved tableside. Perfect for both private and group dining.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse. Upscale steakhouse for aged prime beef, seafood and other traditional steakhouse fare in a clubby space.
- Paseo Caribe. San Juan’s newest and most exciting neighborhood is home to El Mercado, an oceanfront market featuring 15 culinary experiences from award-winning local chefs as well as retail shopping.
- El San Geronimo Hotel
- 54 Luis Muñoz Rivera Ave, San Juan, PR
Phone: (787) 721-1515